Access Specialists Insurance

Any work at height, using ropes to ascend and descend, and work in confined spaces is generally deemed to be high hazard.  Where working at heights, the risk of injury or damage to property from being struck by falling objects and falling from heights is a real concern for most insurance companies.  Similarly working on confined spaces exposes workers to significant hazards such as lack of oxygen or exposure to toxic gases, fumes and vapours. 

As a result many insurers will charge increased premiums for Public and Employers Liability insurance for Access Specialists.  Similarly if your organisation distributes or manufactures safety critical or products used for work at height, this can restrict the number of insurers willing to provide liability insurance for your business.

However as specialist insurance brokers to the construction sector, Construction Risks UK recognise that professional Access Specialists (including Rope Access Specialists) and those companies supplying products to this industry are truly experts in their field and often come with a high level of skill and training (and robust quality control systems in respect of products supplied) which minimises the risks involved.

Membership of professional bodies such as IRATA (Industrial Rope Access Trade Association), ATLAS (Association of Technical Lightning and Access Specialists) or PASMA (Prefabricated Access Suppliers and Manufacturers Association) also helps to demonstrate to insurers that you have the prerequisite qualities to manage risk and reduce your insurers' exposure.

We have been arranging comprehensive insurance cover for Access Specialists and companies operating in this sector for many years.

We have access to a wide panel of leading “A” rated insurers who are able to provide appropriate cover at very competitive premiums.

Construction Risks UK also offers full claims assistance so that you have valuable support when you need it most.

Did You Know?

By insuring through a Chartered Firm you will always have access to expert advice from a qualified Chartered Insurance Broker.

Request a Call Back